The Great Mist of Elmoor
Obsidian Coins are currency that the playing can earn outside of the game and then use in-game for extra bonuses or perks. The amount of coins that can be earned are completely up to the player based on how they play the game and update the Obsidian Portal Wiki with information and Journal Entries.
Obsidian Coins come in two flavors, Black and White. Black Obsidian Coins are earned through updating the Obsidian Portal website with content while the White Obsidian Coins are awarded in game by the DM for various events (good roleplaying, intuitive thinking, funny comments, etc.). The Obsidian Store only accepts Black Obsidian Coins but you can exchange your White Obsidian Coins for black ones once you obtain enough.
5 White Obsidian Coins = 1 Black Obsidian Coin
Prayer of the <animal>: 1 Black Obsidian Coin.
– Add +1 to a <attribute> check.
Call of the <animal>: 2 Black Obsidian Coins.
– Add +3 to a <attribute> check.
Prayer of the Bat: 2 Black Obsidian Coins.
– You are healed the amount of damage your next attack deals. If you miss you heal 0 health points.
Prayer of the Rat: 2 Black Obsidian Coins.
– Your next attack poisons your opponent if it deals damage.
Prayer of the Armadillo: 3 Black Obsidian Coins.
– The next time you take damage, cut the amount of damage received in half.
Call of the Wild: 5 Black Obsidian Coins.
– Add +1 to all stats for the rest of the session.
Lesser Health Potion: 1 Black Obsidian Coin.
– Offers 10 health points upon drinking. Instant, costs 1 Action.
Health Potion: 2 Black Obsidian Coins.
– Offers 25 health points upon drinking. Instant, costs 1 Action.
Greater Health Potion: 3 Black Obsidian Coins.
– Offers 50 health points upon drinking. Instant, costs 1 Action.
Convert 5 White Obsidian Coins into 1 Black Obsidian Coin.
Convert 1 Black Obsidian Coins into 100g.
One Time Items:
One time items are items that you can purchase only one time but offer a huge advantage in-game.
Soul Stone: 10 Black Obsidian Coins.
– A necklace the user can wear that will bring them back to life with 50% of their total health upon death. Can only be purchased one time. Because this is a physical item it can be lost or stolen.
Soulbound Doll: 20 Black Obsidian Coins.
– A doll that can house the users soul if he/she were to die. The user is unable to talk but can move around and can eventually be brought back to life. Can only be purchased one time. Because this is a physical item it can be lost or stolen.